Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Aloha and Mahalo Hawaii

Well here it is…my final post about Hawaii.  I'm not feeling overly reflective or creative in my writing endeavors lately (or ever, for that matter), so I will try to be brief….with my 25 or so pictures (that really aren't all that spectacular, but are meaningful to me).  
There really is nothing I can say that can describe our time in Hawaii.  We met some amazing people, experienced some wonderful cultures, and explored the most beautiful landscapes ever created.  To say we are grateful for our 3 years in Hawaii would be an understatement. 

 Here is a look at how our final 2 weeks shaped up….
Caleb and Noah both wrapped up their final basketball seasons with KAC.
 We took many drives along Kalanianaole to forever imprint the landscape in our minds…even Pepé joined in.
 Dad and I ran in the Honolulu marathon which was very cold and rainy.
 I graduated from nursing school, and on the way to graduation we decided to eat shirtless dinner in the car to save the boys' shirts!
This lady was my rock in Hawaii.  Even seeing this picture brings a smile to my face and tears to my eyes because I miss her so. 
 A future college grad.
 One big happy fam. :)
 The boys and I headed down to Honolulu Hale one night to take in the Hawaiian Christmas spirit one last time.  We were most interested in seeing all the Christmas trees as this was the first year we passed on a Christmas tree of our own.


Once the stuff was gone from our house…which happened very early in December, it was time to clean, clean, clean!

 Caleb's final holiday party at Haha'ione.
 His class made an Olaf craft which was too cute….and we managed to destroy it on our way to the airport.  This day was the Friday we were leaving town.  We checked out of the house at 8 am and lived out of our rental van for the entire day until leaving the island at 10pm that night. Holy long day! 
 Caleb's buddy Shay.
 His class sang and performed the cup song, changing the words to fit their life in second grade, singing to Caleb "We're going to miss you when you're gone."
I was bawling.
Here is a look into our sleeping arrangements, for al 5 of us, during the month of December.
And here is our rental car on the day we left Hawaii.  Everything in this car needed to make it onto the airplane that night! 
 We stopped at Ala Moana beach park for our final ocean goodbye and sunset.


 We then headed to the cargo terminal at the airport to say goodbye for now to Pepé.
After unloading our 10 large suitcases and car seat at the curbside check-in, we carried the remainder of the junk through the airport as our "carry-ons."
Aloha Hawaii and mahalo for the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels